Homemade Breads Class 20 September - Tuesday - 18:00 Pastry Chef Naama Bekerman
In this class we'll learn how to make different breads, including Baguettes, Fuccacia, Chala and Sourdough.
We'll learn about the different materials we use and their purpose: flour, water, yeast, as well as salt, sugar, oil and additional ingredients that serve to add flavor.
We'll practice the correct techniques for mixing ingredients and kneading dough, rising and baking, proper use of home ovens, baking stones and more.
The class is practical and hands-on, and participants make most of the dishes themselves.
- Start off with freshly baked Focaccia, an assortment of dips and antipasti
- Classic French Baguette
- Focaccia – Flat Italian bread with dried tomatoes, olives and herbs
- Pizza Napolitana
- "Chala" for Shabbat with different toppings – poppy, sesame and flax seeds
- Scandinavian Bread – with rye, flax seeds, millet, buckwheat, oatmeal and honey
- Sourdough Bread – Peasant Loaf
- An assortment of cheese and antipasti
- August 19 - Friday - 10:00
- August 30 - Tuesday - 18:00
- September 16 - Friday - 10:00
- September 20 - Tuesday - 18:00
- September 30 - Friday - 10:00
- October 12 - Wednesday - 18:00
- October 16 - Sunday - 10:30
- October 21 - Friday - 10:00
- November 4 - Friday - 09:30
- November 20 - Sunday - 18:00
- November 25 - Friday - 10:00