Homemade Breads Class 14 February - Friday - 10:15 Pastry Chef Naama Bekerman
In this class we'll learn how to make different breads, including Baguettes, Fuccacia, Chala and Sourdough.
We'll learn about the different materials we use and their purpose: flour, water, yeast, as well as salt, sugar, oil and additional ingredients that serve to add flavor.
We'll practice the correct techniques for mixing ingredients and kneading dough, rising and baking, proper use of home ovens, baking stones and more.
The class is practical and hands-on, and participants make most of the dishes themselves.
- Start off with freshly baked Focaccia, an assortment of dips and antipasti
- Classic French Baguette
- Focaccia – Flat Italian bread with dried tomatoes, olives and herbs
- Pizza Napolitana
- "Chala" for Shabbat with different toppings – poppy, sesame and flax seeds
- Scandinavian Bread – with rye, flax seeds, millet, buckwheat, oatmeal and honey
- Sourdough Bread – Peasant Loaf
- An assortment of dips and antipasti